The new year brought an exciting event for us. On January 5th, we were able to get the next glimpses of our sweet little baby. I set the pics aside so I could scan them in for you to see, but haven't had time to do that yet. For the second time in a row (the first being with Mia), we had a MODEST BABY! The ultrasound tech tried everything she could to sneak a peek at the gender, but no luck. Kirt is VERY sure that it is a girl because of that. The baby is growing and developing well, which is what I was most happy to see. She (according to Kirt) even turned her head to look at her daddy and wave at him. It was very cute. Almost as if she could hear his excited voice as we were looking at different body parts.
Now, ALL the kids and Kirt are calling this baby a girl. I'm still not so sure, but if there is anything that would convince me, it would be these horrible headaches! I had headaches with Mia too, and had to drink lots of Coke to get them to dissipate. This time the Coke isn't working as well. I never had headaches with any of the boys.
A couple weeks ago I had a migraine type headache that lasted for 4 days. YES, 4 DAYS. I finally decided I better see the Dr. to make sure there wasn't an underlying problem. I went in and they checked my blood pressure and blood sugar. Both numbers were great, so he prescribed Lortab for me to take when the headaches get really bad. Go figure. My migraine medicine isn't safe to take during pregnancy, but narcotics are... WHAT?? I have only been taking 1/2 a Lortab when they get bad, but it does worry me to take it. This mom has to function though so she can work full-time and be a mom full-time to 4 other kids, so she doesn't have a choice! That's all for now...

No comments:
Post a Comment