Thursday, October 1, 2009

The long, drawn out story...

OK, so I REALLY hope this blog is not discovered until I want it to be, but I want to keep a record of my feelings, cravings, meltdowns, and pains since I haven't proven to be successful at that in that past. As you might have guessed by the title of our new blog....WE'RE PREGNANT! Yes, we thought we could use a little more chaos in our little matchbox of a house. Aren't you jealous? Yeah. I knew it. :)

So, I know that some of you are wondering how I got "my way". That never happens at our house. I am not the boss. Those of you who know me well KNOW that Kirt runs everything around here. That's exactly how it happened. I put him in charge and he took over. End of story. HAHA. RIGHT! This plan has actually been in the works for well over a year now.

I attended the temple in March of 2008 and had a very real revelation that our family was not complete. I wasn't sure WHAT that meant. Having another baby, adoption, a family member passing away and us inheriting their kids...I had ALL the thoughts run through my mind. I told Kirt and he begged to differ. (Of course.) And so my job began. I fasted and prayed and I told Kirt that if he fasted and prayed about it and received an answer that our family WAS complete, then I wouldn't fight it. I think my husband is a very righteous and spiritual man, so why not? Well, his answer to the solution was to just simply not fast and pray about it. Thanks, hon. And so this continued for several months.

When Kirt finally came around, it was about July. He came to me and told me he knew that we were supposed to complete our family. I was SO elated and I had waited for this day for so long! Alas, as we prayed about it together, we felt that the timing wasn't right. WHAT? EXCUSE ME? I was dying to get a baby on the way here, and now I get, "Hold on a minute, not yet." SHEESH.

A month later, my job with Utah Virtual Academy fell into my lap. As always, I had to ask forgiveness and admit once again that Heavenly Father knows ALL. There is no way I could have handled the stress of my very first year of teaching AND being pregnant. (Plus already having 4 kids and a big kid...yeah. Kirt.) So as we continued praying, we just felt we would know when the time was right. We finally felt good about having a baby in June 2010. So we waited. AND waited. And waited some more.

In about May of this year, I (yes, Amberly) started to get cold feet. I decided that maybe I was too old, too far out of the baby stage, too free, yada, yada, yada. This is a part of the story that none of you know! My sweet hubby still took the heat, acting adamant that we were finished. (We all know he's a GREAT actor. HEE!) It became HIM coaxing ME! Isn't that funny??

In July, we took a trip to Texas to visit family and see our new niece, Ariana, be blessed. NOW YOU HAVE TO KNOW THE TRUTH. That trip was for me! Kirt did such a good job acting like it was still him that was against the baby thing, but it was really me! Well, it worked. So, as much as it kills me to think that I will have 5 kids, (I'm not old enough for that!) it's happening.

And we could not be happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment